Watch a short video and learn how to use your UpRev products here. In the mean time, please look at our FAQ below and if you don't find your answer there feel free to email us, or give us a call at (512) 821-9848.
THE FLASH PROCESS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We have several Frequently Asked Questions answered here, take a look if you have any questions.
- Is the Cipher w/ Osiris different than the stand alone version?
- The version of Cipher bundled with Osiris is the exact same as the stand-alone version. This includes the ability to use Cipher on multiple Vehicles.
- How many vehicles can I flash w/ Osiris?
- The vehicle interface will link itself to the first ECU it flashes and will then only flash that ECU.
** If you have a need to flash multiple cars, contact us at support@UpRev.com.
- How many times can I flash my vehicle?
- You can use Osiris to flash your ECU as many times as you would like. The manufacturer of the CPU gaurantees a minimum of 100 reflashes. We’ve flashed some of our test ECUs over 1,000 times.
- What parameters should be logged for AFR eTuning?
- AFR Bank 1 and Bank 2 (See Cipher user guide)
- Accelerator position (either one)
- Base fuel schedule
- Calculated load
- Coolant temp
- Engine speed (RPM)
- Ignition timing advance
- Throttle position (either one)
- Will my local Nissan/Infiniti service department know that my ECU has been modified?
- It is possible that your local service department will discover your ECU modification. The Osiris flash does not affect any functionality of the Consult II or III and is transparent to common maintenance and diagnostic procedures. In the unlikely event that a service tech were to test for our map switching, then they will know it has been flashed.
- How do I get my ECU back to 100% Stock?
- Simply use Osiris to flash the "back to stock" ROM for your ECU.
- Is there an upgrade route for current Cipher owners?
- Yes, upgrades are available through our store. You only pay for the cost of the price difference.
- I have already done the 2 deg timing advance. Do I need to set this back to 0deg or will the flash take care of this?
- You will need to set the timing back to 0 Deg using Cipher, it is not part of the reflash.
- Can Cipher datalog AFR on my 2003-2004 350z or G35?
- AFR cannot be logged directly from the ECU on these vehicles since they do not have wide band O2 sensors from the factory. The ROM editor DOES support logging AFR from the Innovate technology WB O2 sensors directly so that AFR will show up in your logs along with all the ECU data.
- Will a factory software update erase my UpRev reflash?
- Yes, the update will overwrite everything, including your UpRev license. If an update is available for your vehicle, please contact us.
- I only want to change my idle RPM, Speed Limit and Rev Limits, is there a discount?
- There are no discounts for only using certain features.
- Can Osiris set a desired AFR? For example, I'm running a little lean, can you guys fix that with a tune?
- Yes, the Osiris tune can set a desired AFR to fix both rich and lean conditions.
- How many maps can my ECU hold?
- There is space for 5 maps on all supported ECU’s except for the 2004 Titan. The 2004 Titan only allows for 3 maps.
- How long does it take to reflash my ECU?
- The initial flash should take about 1 min. Consecutive flashes thereafter will only take a matter of seconds.
- What versions of windows have been tested?
- Windows XP, Vista, and 7. 32 and 64 bit. (we haven’t tested on Windows 2000 in some time).
- How does map switching work?
- Using the Cruise Control Buttons...
-Hold the set/coast toggle down
-Press "Cancel" once for map 1, twice for map 2, etc...
-Then release the set/coast toggle.
-When you release the toggle, the cruise "SET" light on the dash will blink once for map 1, twice for map 2, etc... There are also a FEW vehicles that require using the break pedal instead of just the cruse switches. For these vehicles use the same pattern as above, but hold the cancel button while tapping the break pedal.
- Is the Cruise Control still functional with the map switching feature?
- What about those of us who don't have cruise control? Is there any other way to get multiple maps?
- We do not offer anything at this time. If you want to build your own Cruise control interface, we can help you with wiring information.
- Will the ECU learn around the reflash like other engine management options?
- No. When the ECU is reflashed it is given new targets to learn to. Over time as the ECU does learn the tune will get better as your vehicle learns to run closer to the new values.
- Where do I get my ECU part number?
1) Connect to your vehicle w/ Cipher (if you know someone who has Cipher), and the text box after you connect will tell you.
2) Call your local dealership's parts department w/ your VIN handy. Give them the VIN and ask for your ECU part number. The number should be similar to 23710-?????
3) The ECU part number changes w/ software revisions, so even identical ECUs can have different part numbers (and they usually do). That's why there isn't a part number that you can get off the case.
- Can Osiris be used to rescale fuel injectors and MAF sensors?
- Osiris Standard does not support non-stock injectors or MAF sensors. If you need these capabilities you will have to use Osiris Tuner, or get tuned by a pro tuner.
- Can I modify my own maps and do my own tuning?
- Yes, Osiris Tuner is for end users who want to do their own tuning.
- I bought a Cipher system from another user, can I use it on my car?
- Yes, Cipher is an non-licensed product and requires the cable to be used. As long as you have the cable, you can use Cipher on a supported vehicle.